The ultimate in street and track performance.
We’re extremely excited to bring you our jointly developed MPP / KW Coilovers. A partnership between MPP and KW Suspensions, we have designed the very coilovers we dreamed of. We had the opportunity to work with a number of different suspension manufacturers but went with KW as they have always been the damper of choice for us on road cars. Incredible ride quality, huge adjustment range and built for the long haul. We’ve developed these dampers on some of the best roads in the country, and we can assure you that these coilovers exceed the quality and performance of anything even remotely close in cost.
- Specially designed to provide the highest quality driving experience, no drawbacks such as a harsh ride or noises.
- Rebound adjustable, with significant and noticeable changes with every click. Unlike some adjustable coilovers that claim to have many clicks or a wide adjustment range, these coilovers have true motorsport damper technology and the adjustment in the low speed range is over 300%!
- Compression adjustable, with significant and noticeable changes with every click. Full soft to full stiff compression is over 350% difference in forces at some damper speeds.
- Spring rates designed for sports road driving. With the compression and rebound adjustment turned down the ride is more comfortable than OEM suspension.
- Height adjustable from 10mm below factory ride height down to 60mm below factory.
- Stainless steel bodies for optimal corrosion resistance and durability
- Progressive bump rubbers tuned to engage only in the most aggressive compressions while keeping the chassis composed.
- Utilize the OEM upper hats for minimum NVH transmitted into the cabin. No spherical bearings to clunk and transmit road noise!
- Bolt-in installation. A competent shop can have these coilovers installed in 3.5 hours.
Aftermarket suspension is something that can make or break the enjoyment of a vehicle. Unfortunately for Model 3 owners, the car is very high from the factory and runs into the bump stops over just about any bump – and they are always engaged once a car has been lowered on springs. This means that the dampers (also called shock absorbers) must be changed when lowering the car to allow for compliant chassis over bumps, and to avoid damaging the vehicle when driving aggressively – as the bump rubber can only compress so much before effectively becoming a rock. Repeated extreme impacts can damage the top mounts and put unnecessary shock through the entire vehicle, and upset the platform when driving at the limit.
Our coilovers have been developed to offer a huge range of height adjustability with significantly more travel than stock. Our coilovers have been developed jointly with KW Suspension, one of the leading aftermarket performance and racing suspension suppliers in the world. There is a reason why KW is the go-to pick for those that own European sports and luxury cars.
RIDE HEIGHT RANGE:
Factory Ground Clearance (19″ Wheels, Early Production Springs):
* As Model 3 production evolves we have seen different cars be slightly different heights. You can measure the ground clearance of your car if you’re trying to determine exactly how much you’ll be able to lower your car with our coilovers, but as a guide you’ll be able to get the car far lower than you ever should want to run it. In our testing we found 110mm front and rear was a very driveable height and that will be our recommended ride height.
MPP Coilover Range:
Front: 90mm – 140mm
Rear: 100mm – 140mm
We spent 10 days in California with a Model 3 testing and developing our dampers on some of the best roads in North America. We’ve driven over harsh roads, smooth roads, mountain roads and everything in between. The dampers have been tuned for the sporting canyon carver that doesn’t want to sacrifice ride quality in the quest for sports car handling. Our prototype set of coilovers is now installed on our Model 3 and we are enjoying the ride with them every day.
This suspension kit is rebound adjustable, and every click makes a distinct and significantly noticeable difference. Unlike some suspension on the market that advertise themselves as “adjustable” – our dampers are able to more than triple the rebound forces from full soft to full stiff in the low speed range (low speed means low damper shaft speed – everything other than large bumps in the road). See the graph below to understand the actual difference in adjustment range. For your reference, 20-50mm/sec is what you feel when turning the steering wheel – this represents chassis motion. 300mm/sec and up are fairly decent size bumps.
With the rebound turned up, these dampers are suitable for the racetrack for HPDEs and lapping days, and when turned down they actually produce less forces than OE dampers. You’ll be amazed at the difference from full soft to full stiff.
|Damper Speed (mm/s)||0 (Full Stiff)||16 (Full Soft)|
Our suspension system utilizes the factory rear spring mounting location – as designed by Tesla. While it is likely that some other coilover manufacturers will take the easy path and put the spring on the rear damper, the upper parcel shelf was never designed to carry the entire vehicle load. The chassis rigidity simply isn’t there, not to mention the NVH concerns.
This suspension kit comes with a 2-year warranty (void with track-use, as is KW policy), complete documentation including instructions and recommended initial setup settings (height and damper settings). Installation is very straightforward. The OEM top-hats are to be re-used and as such so a spring compressor is required to disassemble the factory front dampers. Nothing on the car needs to be permanently modified or damaged for installation.
If you’re interested in also purchasing our suspension arms as a package with the coilovers, please message us for a discount code!
Installation instructions HERE