ADVANCED CHARGING WITH TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION
Automatic charging and maintenance for vehicle and motorcycle batteries, with reconditioning mode. The MXS 5.0 is an advanced microprocessor controlled battery charger which gives unrivaled performance for lead-acid batteries from 1.2-110Ah. It comes with automatic temperature compensation built in which ensures the best charging performance, even in the most extreme conditions. The MXS 5.0 also includes battery diagnosis to establish whether your battery can receive and retain a charge, patented automatic desulphation program, an AGM option that maximizes the performance life of most Stop/Start batteries and a special Recond mode for reconditioning deeply discharged batteries. The MXS 5.0 uses CTEK’s patented float/pulse system, which is the most efficient maintenance mode when a battery is connected for long periods.
Connect and Forget It
The CTEK MXS 5.0 offers a unique eight-step approach to battery care. Fully automatic microprocessor controlled charger with built-in automatic temperature sensor features a unique combination of advanced charging modes and makes the new MXS 5.0 the fastest, most effective, and versatile consumer charger CTEK has ever made. Alligator clamps and eyelets included.
Taking Safety and Ease-of-Use to the Next Level
The MXS 5.0 offers features such as a special reconditioning function that restores stratified and deeply discharged batteries, unique maintenance charging, and the charging of demanding AGM batteries (i.e. Optima). The charger is splash and dustproof, designed to protect vehicle electronics and non-sparking, reverse polarity protected, and short-circuit proof.
- Charges batteries up to 110A
- Easy to read LED display
- Splash and dust proof (IP65)
- Safe, spark free operation
- Reverse polarity protected
- Short circuit proof
One Charger for All Your Vehicles
Why buy multiple chargers for all your vehicle types when the CTEK MXS 5.0 will work for all of them? Boats, jet skis, motorcycles, cars, and lawnmores - this charger can handle anything you have in your garage.
- STEP 1 DESULPHATION: Pulsing voltage removes sulphates from the lead plates of the battery restoring the battery capacity.
- STEP 2 SOFT START: Tests if the battery can accept charge. Charging begins if the battery is OK.
- STEP 3 BULK: Charging with maximum current until approximately 80% battery capacity.
- STEP 4 ABSORPTION, BATTERY READY TO USE: Charging with declining current to maximize up to 100 % battery capacity.
- STEP 5 ANALYZE: Tests if the battery can hold charge. Batteries that cannot hold charge may need to be replaced.
- STEP 6 RECOND: Reconditioning function for deeply discharged batteries.
- STEP 7 FLOAT, BATTERY FULLY CHARGED: Maintaining the battery voltage at maximum level by providing a constant voltage charge.
- STEP 8 PULSE, MAINTENANCE CHARGING: Maintaining the battery at 95–100 % capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives a pulse when necessary to keep the battery fully charged.